101 Activities To Do With Your Toddler
- Act Out A Story From A Favorite
- Bang On Pots And Pans With A Wooden
- Blow Bubbles!
- Brush Each Other's Hair Or Teeth!
- Clean house together! When you dust, give your child a old washcloth so
they may dust too, a small broom for sweeping, etc.
**** ToysRUs Has
Several Fun Toys Available Including A 2 in 1 Vacuum Set By Little Tikes, A Hoover Upright Vacuum, A O'Cedar Push Broom By Strombecker,
A Dirt Devil Junior Play Upright Vac
Or A Cook 'n Clean Kitchen!
- Collect flowers (Artificial Or Real)!
- Collect rocks in a basket!
- Dance to music! (Dances like the Hokey Pokey
Or the Twist)!
- Disconnect your phone and pretend to make phone calls to
- Do Knee-Bouncing Rhymes!
- Download Toddler Friendly Games From
- Draw on a mirror with dry-erase
- Dress your fingers in Barbie/Ken
clothing Or Stickers & do Finger plays!
- Draw with chalk on the sidewalk!
- Fill an old purse with toys!
- Finger paint!
- Frost Cookies Or Ice A Cake!
- Give a piggie back ride!
- Glue shapes onto paper!
- Go fishing with a yard stick and
- Go for a walk-a-bout in around the block or in
- Go on a Smelling Hunt!
- Go Through the family picture album or videos
and tell your child & let your child tell you, fun, fond memories of
that person or photo!
- Go To a "Mommy and Me" class in the community where
your child can be around other children and experience music, crafts, using their bodies, etc.
- Go to the airport and watch the planes take
off, land, and taxi!
- Go to the library and checkout picture books
- Have A Contest To See Who Can Giggle Or Smile
- Have a picnic in the park, backyard, or living room!
- Have A Rubber Duckie or Tug Boat race in the
- Have a splash party together in the
- Keep plastic Easter eggs handy and have hunts
often filling the the eggs with different treats each time.
- Lay down on The Grass, Look At The Clouds and
look for things like a bunny, a dragon, etc.
- Let child Use A Plastic cookie
cutter To press into the bread & decorate their sandwich!
- Make a camera and go on a Safari!
- Make a Car out of a box!
- Make a domino chain!
- Make a Drum out of a box and use straws as the
- Make a fort out of cushions and
- Make a Horseshoe game!
- Make a nature collage!
- Make a pillow pile to jump on!
- Make a playhouse out of a large box!
- Make a puddle on cement and splash barefoot in
- Make a pull toy centipede by attaching several
metal lids on one string!
- Make a rattle with a bottle full of beans. Glue and tape cap on to seal!
- Make a shoebox train for stuffed
- Make a super-hero costume out of household
- Make a tape recording of short music selections and instructions to move in different
- Make a tin cup telephone and talk to each other in
- Make a toilet paper barricade for child to go under, over, or
- Make a Toy Box for small toys out of a Shoebox
and decorate it!
- Make an easy puzzle with felt and Velcro!
- Make an obstacle course out of cushions and/or
- Make and try on paper hats!
- Make and walk along a toilet paper
- Make bracelets or collars for stuffed animals out of pipe cleaners and jingle
- Make binoculars and go "Bird Watching" or "Stuffed Animal
- Make Letters Or Numbers out of play dough!
- Make paper puppets!
- Make Sailor/Pirate Telescopes out of Cardboard tubes from kitchen paper towel
or foil rolls!
- Make sock puppets!
- Mirror each other!
- Paint child's palms with tempura paint and blot on
- Place 3-D plain or magnetic letters in a brown
paper bag. Ask your child to close his or her eyes and pick a letter out of
the bag. To win the letter, he or she must tell you what letter it is!
- Plant a flower or vegetable plant together!
- Play a musical instrument together-
i.e. Kazoo, Harmonica, recorder, piano, etc!
- Play Chase!
- Play dress up in Mommy or Daddy's
- Play dress-up with stuffed animals and your child's
- Play Hide-and-Seek!
- Play Horsie!
- Play paper basketball!
- Play Peek-a-Boo!
- Play "Red Light, Green Light" saying "Go" and
- Play See No Evil, Hear no Evil & Speak no
- Play Toddler bowling! Line up empty plastic bottles and roll a ball into them to knock them down!
- Play tug-of-war with a
- Play with a small sand bucket of water and a
- Practice putting things in and taking things out of boxes and
- Put a leash on a stuffed animal and walk around the
- Put lipstick on child and kiss a
- Put on a puppet
- Put snacks in different fun containers (paper sacks, empty canisters, etc.)!
- Read a
- Record each other on a tape recorder (great for scrapbooks or
- Roll a ball back and forth on the
- Roll a tennis ball into an empty trash can or
- Run through a
- Scoop dirt or sand into a child's bucket (or use a serving spoon and
- Sing a
- Squirt each other with squirt
- Sketch an outline of your child on the sidewalk or paper with
- Stack canned or boxed food on top of each
- Stack mixing bowls or measuring cups
- String large beads onto or along a
- Take A Nap!
- Talk into an electric fan and
listens to what it does to your voice!
- Toss Bean bags into a
- Use a paper towel tube as a
- Walk on a balance beam use a 2x4 placed on the