Freebies4Ya Recipe Box Menu
Please Take A Second Of Your Time And Vote For Freebies4Ya At: Soprano's!
French Toast Roll-Ups
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices white sandwich bread
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
2. Cut the crust off each slice of bread then roll out each slice with a rolling pin. Spread the cheese mixture over the bread, distributing evenly. Roll up each slice jelly roll-style and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
3. In a shallow dish, mix the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush the butter over the roll-ups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated. Repeat with the remaining roll-ups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
4. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 months.
5. Just before serving, preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake the roll-ups for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yields - 2 dozen