Freebies4Ya Recipe Box Menu
Please Take A Second Of Your Time And Vote For Freebies4Ya At: Soprano's!
California Pizza Kitchen Original BBQ Pizza
Serving Size: 6-8
3-6 pieces boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. favorite BBQ sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce).
For the pizza
1 basic pizza dough
Cornmeal, semolina or flour for handling
1/2 C. favorite BBQ sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce).
2 Tbsp. shredded smoked Gouda cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C. small red-onion, sliced into 1/8 inch pieces
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over medium high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through. Once chilled, coat the chicken with two tablespoons BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
2. To make the pizza Place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 deg for once hour before cooking pizzas.
3. Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the prepared dough within the rim. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked Gouda cheese over the sauce. Cover with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
4. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
5. Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly (about 8 to 10 minutes). When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over the hot surface. Slice and serve.
6. Repeat with the remaining ingredients for a second pizza. (The two pizzas may be prepared simultaneously if you are careful in placing the pizzas at opposite corners of your pizza stone.)
Angel Hair Pasta
3/4 pound Capellini or angel hair pasta
1 large can (15-16 oz) Furmano's or Hunts whole tomatoes, crushed
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Extra Virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp crushed basil leaves
1/4 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Imported Romano Cheese
Cover the bottom of a medium saucepan with olive oil approximately 1/4 inch.
Sauté chopped onion, basil and oregano until onion is light golden brown. Add garlic and
sauté a minute or two, do not let garlic brown. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper, and simmer 20-30 minutes until flavors cook through. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve with fresh grated Romano.
PAGE 2 OF ITALIAN